Things to say on Qing Ming Festival
March 27, 2021
Qing Ming Festival is the time to mourn deceased people. Some time ago we taught you a poem and explained its meaning, and there was a phrase: "路上行人欲断魂" - it described how frustrated and sad people look on that special day. Perhaps nowadays people are getting busier and less aware of the traditions, and probably the scene of "欲断魂” will not be seen anymore, but that doesn't mean we can totally forget it.
Qing Ming plays a very significant role amongst other traditional Chinese festivals.
Today we will teach you some phrases and words, not only appropriate for the Qing Ming festival, but also when it's time to mourn others.
(1) 又过了一年了，我依然很想念你（Yòu guò le yī nián le，wǒ yī rán hěn xiǎng niàn nǐ）
- Another year passed, I miss you as always.
(2) 希望你在另一边一切都好（Xī wàng nǐ zài lìng yī biān yī qiē dōu hǎo）
- Wish everything goes well in another world.
(3) 人死不能复生，节哀顺变（Rén sǐ bù néng fù shēng，jiē āi shùn biàn）
- There is no coming back from death, my condolences.
(4) 死亡并不能真正的把我们分离（Sǐ wáng bìng bù néng zhēn zhèng de bǎ wǒ men fèn lí）
- Death can not actually separate us.
(5) 永垂不朽（Yǒng chuí bù xiǔ）
- You will always be with us
(6) 我还有很多话没来得及和你说（Wǒ hái yǒu hěn duō huà hái méi lái dé jí hé nǐ shuō）
- There are still a lot of things I haven't told you yet.
(7) 愿来世再相见（Yuàn lái shì zài xiàng jiàn）
- Wish we meet up with each other again in the next world.
(8) 愿你来世幸福（Yuàn nǐ lái shì xìng fú）
- Wish you have a happy life in the next world.
(9) 希望我们来世还有缘分（Xī wàng wǒ men lái shì hái yǒu yuán fèn）
- Wish there's a chance in our next life
(10) 下辈子我还要做你的...(Xià bèi zǐ wǒ hái yào zuò nǐ de)
- Wish I will still be yours...in our next life
Written by Francesco Peng for IMCPI